It’s so important to prioritize and plan your fun time. Especially if you’re working on an important life goal that requires a lot of time and sacrifice. People you’re involved with should respect the fact you want to use your time on Earth wisely. Below is a list of things to do in San Diego I’ve been keeping for over a year now.
As for date night, I personally require the person I’m involved with to take me out once / week on Saturdays. Sure, an expensive dinner is always nice. And once/month is a blessing. But I want the person I’m with to prosper too. So breaking the bank every Saturday is unrealistic.
Below is a list of options for date night including some free and cheap options.
Mutually Beneficial Exchange
Each parties should benefit from a relationship equally. For me, to be involved with someone I require:
👉a lifetime commitment to the terms & conditions below
👉Dinner every Saturday ($20 value)($90/mo)
*must have plans by Wednesday.
👉Sleep over every Saturday
👉Breakfast every Sunday of $15 value including tax & tip) (67.5/mo)
👉New & Memorable experience either Saturday evening or Sunday 3 hours at $20 value (90/mo)
*must be 5/5 taste
*must be readily available
👉Two $500 Vacations / year ($83/mo)
- Romantic Dinner. This doesn’t have to be expensive. Has to be memorable. Check out some inexpensive places listed in my Best Meals in San Diego blog.
Things I haven’t done
- Meditation Garden – Encinitas
- Andaz hotel rooftop cabana chicken strip & fries with view
- Drive to Three Sisters Hike, Hike to the Waterfall
- Santee Lakes – Trails Bike Ride
- Rent a paddle board in Fiesta Island / Behia Resort
- Palm Springs for the day
- Take a ride in the car to Julian. Get pie. Views. Ambiance.
- Santee Lakes – camp
- Torrey Pines – camp
- Banker Hill Meditation Garden – 1st & Thorne SRF
- Take a yoga class together on a Saturday night instead of going to dinner
Things I’ve already done but are still goodies
- Drive up mount helix in La Mesa. See the beautiful view. Pack a bite to eat for the top. Sit & enjoy for a bit.
- Walk around the San Diego Yhact Club trail in Point Loma. Sit on the bench or go all the way to the swing.
- Drive to Catalina Blvd. in Point Loma and stop on the west side to take in the view. Bring snacks.
- Drive to Catalina Blvd in Point Loma and stop on the east side to take in the view. Bring snacks.
- Visit Point Loma Nazerene University. Get out of the car and take the trail to the cliff. Bring snacks.
- Go to Better Buzz Coffee with a book and have a cup of coffee and read silently together just enjoying each other’s presence and people watch
- Go to Point Loma Living Room Coffee House, take a book or a paper. Draw or read in each others company. Get a coffee.
- Moniker Coffee in Liberty Station – grab a coffee sit outside by the fire pit. Read a book. People watch.
- Santee Lakes – Trail walk
- Lake Murray – Trail walk
- Lake Murray – Bike Ride
- Lake Murray – Paddle Boat
- Feed birds at Lake Murray, nature watch. People watch.
- Tierra Santa Trails
- Morley Field Dog Park
- Fiesta Island Dog Park
- Attend a Marine Corps Boot Camp Graduation
- Kwayy Peak – Walk to waterfall
- Iron Mountain – Hike to view on top
- Mission Trails – Hike
- Mission Bay Bike Trail
- Bahia Point – Paddle Board
- Fiesta Island Bon Fire
- Shelter Island
- Rosarito for the day Las Rocas
- Hot Springs
- Balboa Park Rose Garden
- Take a ride to Julian. Get pie. Views. Ambiance.
- Sunset Cliffs – view. Brings snacks.
- Lake side – drive to see the ostrich
- Tecolote Canyon trail walk
- Santee Lakes – camp
- Humphreys by the Bay concert on paddle boat?
- Lake Murray – canoe
- La Mesa Car Show
- Open Mic
- Comedy club
- Volunteer at animal shelter
- Learn how to sail
- Taco Tuesday at Catina in El Cajon
- Less than Zero Movie
- Potato Chip Rock – 6 mile hike for view & pics
- Fort Rosecrans National Memorial
- Have a drink at Mr. A’s Bar with roof top view of San Diego ($20)
- Have a drink at Altitude Sky Lounge Rooftop Bar at San Diego Marriott ($20)
- Ride a rented scooter around somewhere Horton plaza or bay park or ….
- $7 appetizer $5-7 Drink specials. Happy Hour Monday – Friday 3:30-5:30pm Tequila Lounge & Patio only at Costerra Modern Mexican Fine Oceanfront Dining. Fundido, mussels, guacamole, Baja prawn cocktail, calamari, ceviche
- Thrift store shopping with pizza & beer or virgin mojito & hummus
Download your FREE G.I.Lane© WokeFokk© Lifestyle E-Book by Entering your Email below!
WokeFokk© is a Lifestyle E-Book by G.I.Lane© that helps people get their Mind Right before and while embarking on fitness & business goals.
This book includes:
- My Wants Vs. Needs Chart that lists all elements needed for your goal
- A Daily Routine Habit Worksheet to get your time management on point
- List of the Pillars of Health in Priority from greatest to least
- Purpose Worksheets to help you find what you love and aspire to be
- My Philosophies on Life and the details of each
- A Mango Basil Smoothie Recipe to get your Meal Plan & Prep locked on
- A Leg-Day Workout to build the muscle you’re going to need for these dreams of yours.
Your E-Book will be sent to your email shortly. Thank you for joining my family. Cheers to your fitness & health.