- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mixed cashews, pistachios, walnuts and almonds, chopped
- 1/3-1/2 c. raw honey
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix oats, oil and salt in large bowl.
- Spread evenly over 9″ X 17″ brownie sheet.
- Bake stirring every 10 minutes for a total of 20-25 minutes.
- Lower temperature of oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine honey, brown sugar in saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine everything in large mixing bowl. Spray mixing sheet and spatula. Press granola down into pan firmly.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes.
Makes: 12 bars
Serving size: 1 bar
Nutrition & MyFitnessPal Deets
I cannot begin to tell you how in love with this recipe I am. I originally got it from my friend Amy who I nannied for last year. She made it for me, it was heaven so she have me her version of the recipe. I’ve cut some ingredients in half, minused some and added others over the times I’ve made it and what you see above is the up to date version of the recipe.
Got the second stamp of approval yesterday (12/08/16) when I took some to a friend’s house and came back to the kitchen to discover only one left and he had claimed it for a work snack tomorrow 😝