I lost 4lbs by counting my macros for 6 day’s. Here’s why it works:
1. HELPS YOU STOP ADDING STUFF TO YOUR COFFEE. For example, you may go to log your creamer in your coffee and realize 1tbsp of coconut milk is only three calories. So it reinforces the behavior of drinking small cups of coffee that need small amounts of cream and sugar instead of using large mugs or stopping at Starbucks. Another example is you might add 1 tsp of brown sugar to your coffee and realize it’s only 11 calories which will hopefully reinforce the thought that this is all you need to have an enjoyable morning beverage.
2. HELPS YOU REDUCE THE OIL YOU USE TO COOK WITH. For example, you may cook your eggs for breakfast with oil. You may log 1 tsp of oil and realize it’s 4.5 grams of fat, 31 calories. So next time you go to pour the oil, you may limit it to 1/2 tsp realizing the eggs still won’t stick with less oil and save yourself some incessant calories and fat.
3. HELPS YOU MODERATE YOUR SWEETS. For example, you may want something sweet so you go to log one Hershey kiss and realize it’s 22 calories and limit yourself to 1 instead of 7 because a girl gots goals.
4. HELPS YOU EAT PROPER PORTION SIZES. For example, I always try to include fruit in my breakfast. 1/2 c. Raspberries is 32 calories, 7.2 carbs. 3/4 c. Is 48 calories, 11 carbs. After logging 3/4c you realize you could have probably been fine with 1/2 c. And saved those extra calories for other nutritious food such as sweet potatoes for lunch or asparagus for dinner. So you don’t have to go without a meal because you ate too much in another. Keeps you happier and more content with fitness and health lifestyle.
5. HELPS YOU CREATE A REPERTOIRE OF MEALS. For example, you may log 3 egg whites, one whole egg, 1 cup of salsa, 3/4 c. Raspberries, 1 tsp of canola oil, 1 8oz cup of coffee, 1 tbsp of coconut milk for creamer, and 1 tsp of brown sugar for sweetener for your coffee and realize the meal was delicious, satisfying and only 264 calories and seek out other meals like such instead of stopping at McDonald’s.
6. HELPS YOU SEE FOOD AS ENERGY INSTEAD OF ENTERTAINMENT. For example, you may take your time eating one Hershey kiss knowing that’s all you’ll have instead of scarfing it down and going for 6 more mindlessly then wondering why your belly is big.
7. HELPS YOU SAVOR FOOD. After logging on Hershey kiss you may cut it into 6 pieces and stick only a piece inside a raspberry for desert instead of a whole one in each raspberries and still be low in calories yet have the taste you crave. 👌
8. HELPS YOU REALIZE SOME FOODS JUST ARENT WORTH THE CALORIES. You may go to log your one Hershey kiss before eating it then eat it and realize, yeah, it wasn’t that great. I could have done without it. And saved those calories for something more nutritious for my body like a sweet potato or garlic and herb crusted salmon.
9. HELPS YOU REALIZE YOU CAN GET FULL OFF LESS. You may log your breakfast and realize huh, I’m full and I’ve only eaten 286 calories! Go me! And this may help you continue to choose foods according to your goal.
Counting Calories / Macros can help reinforce healthy behaviors and eliminate unhealthy ones and make your brain think differently about food, this changing your relationship with it and getting you closer to your goals and keeping you there for life.